Hi guys.
I like to get into the world of modular.
What i have:
- A budget around 4000 EUR.
- A DAW (cubase 9.5) with an RME Raydat Interface.
- A Beringer ADA8200
- A SE-02 Synth
- Komplete Kontrol, Maschine Studio
- A lot of Plugins and Softsynth
As you can see, I am/was a VST only Guy.

What i do:
Most of my Productions fall into Synthpop, Futurepop and Synthwave. Allways mixed with some 8bit Chiptune Sounds. Sometimes i like it even a little harsh going into heavy Distortion and running the Synth thru GuitarAmp (simulations...)

What i want:
I want a to go modular. With buying my first analoge synth (SE-02) i think this little machine sounds so amazing. I tried to emulate the se-02 with my u-He Diva. I came close but maybe only in my imagination, that little box sounded fuller and fatter. But after a few weeks i reached the limitations. After all it is 3 OSC -> Mixer -> Filter with 2 envs and a delay.
I want this (becourse i know how to program sounds in need quickly), but i want more.
I want to play may Modular with my Komplete Kontrol Keyboard and record it into cubase. As i have 3 ADAT in/out free (only one is connected to my ada8200), i can probably use Expert Sleepers Stuff for that purpose.
I want route signals out of cubase, run them thru Hardware. And i want modules that just cannot be done with some VSTs (or in a way better soundquality) I have some tube distortion, ringmodulation and maybe a vocoder in mind.
Is my sound is often 80ties related i would love filters from juno, but of course a moog filter is also nice. Maybe i can even add my Chiptune passion later on. So what do you think of my Rack. As i am totaly new, i probably forgot something.

VST Killer

There's quite a bit wrong here...first of all, if you're using a powered rack, have you confirmed that it can handle the 5V rail current draw from that Metasonix module? If not, you'd either have to employ a Metasonix (or another similarly hefty) power supply that can handle the tube filament current draw, because a lot of basic Eurorack supplies cannot deal with the operating current draw, to say nothing of the much shorter but potentially greater startup inrush draw.

Second: the Neutron...does not appear to actually exist yet. Sweetwater, for example, doesn't even list it...and they had an advance listing for the Model D for way over a year prior to when Uli finally got around to (likely not getting his ass sued by Moog and) getting them on the shelves. In contrast to the Metasonix powering issue, I don't think any Eurorack power setups are capable of powering up a fictional device.

Third: there's several discontinued modules in here, one of which has already been superceded by its manufacturer (Braids; now Plaits).

Last: if part of the plan is to use some of this as an 'insert' in Cubase paths, there's another way to do this...let's pull out the monkey wrenches...

ModularGrid Rack
OK...now this makes more sense! (Or rather, it would make more sense if MG's forum had actually linked the right image instead of the empty case. If that's still showing here, click the case and the correct image should pop up!)

To start with, the ES-8 can handle either audio I/O via USB or ADAT input to provide CVs via Silent Way. That cut a lot of stuff back really quick! I then added a quad wavetable module which also can handle MIDI and does 4-voice polyphony for that 80s-ish Thomas Dolby sort of thing, plus a Quad VCO for audio sources or stacking as one honkin' big single VCO. Ring mod via a uMod, then an 8 channel mixer that can either configure as 8-1 or 4-2.

Processing provides a waveshaper for distortion/folding, Doepfer's version of a 'wave animator' to get that sweepy sawtooth sound, sort of akin to the Roland 'Supersaw', then your Jove JP-6 clone filter, plus a clone of the ARP 2600 'pre-lawsuit' LPF...both of which also have dual inputs for further mixing purposes.

Bottom row: passive mult (you probably won't need a buffered one with this setup), noise, S&H, and random modules with Doepfer's clone of the Buchla 'Source of Uncertainty'. Then modulators: Batumi, Maths, and a Quad ADSR. Veils handles some mixing as well as the ability to shear off a VCA or two for CV amplitude. The neat little Ginko Sampleslicer handles your sample-manipulation, Warps for more processing and the 20-band vocoder. Stereo mix via the 4-in Doepfer stereo mix, plus the Happy Nerding output has a second parallel stereo in to allow you to take a second audio path out via that same balanced stereo pair.

This should fit all of the functions you mentioned above, and fits in an Erica 2 x 126hp cab. The total came out to about $5200...but that would be in USA pricing, and since I used a lot of stuff here that tends to cost considerably less in the EU, we even seem to be fairly close to your 4k EUR budget constraint! Flows better, works better, no power surprises (the Erica 126 case [NOT the skiff!] has a very beefy linear power supply for very quiet and ample DC), and no fictional devices! Works loads better, I think!

Thank your very much for your feedback.
Ok i think i decided on a Case. As i know me i tend to spend a lot in something that sounds good an i will probably fall in love with modular very soon. So i think i will get a quite big first case. 12U 114HP from MDLR Case
Not sure if the PSU-3 is a good PSU for this Rack. But 2000mA sounds nice, but not enough if i want to fill up the rack.

So i set it up here and played around with your recommendations. Im not so sure if i can get into the 4vox. It looks like fiddeling in menues and i want to avoid that.
Also i ignored my 4000 EUR limit but i left some spaces. So maybe you have some ideas how to fill the whole Rack with modules (maybe more utilies) that makes sense (the fun part)?

But money matters and so i have to start with a very basic Setup (probably even lower than my 4000 EUR Limit). But as i am only human and like to dream, i wonder how you would fill up the rack :D

80s-type VST Killer Rig
80s-type VST Killer Rig

Well, more space = more...uh...more:
ModularGrid Rack
Majorly stepped up, with a lot of new things added. Ten VCOs now, and accordingly, a buffered mult was added in addition to some other passives. Two Plaits, plus eight Doepfers in two Quad VCOs. Different wavefolder with a suboctave divider. More mixers (the Levit8 was moved to allow it to 'split' for audio and CVs if needed). Potentially up to 14 envelopes (the addition of the Stages allows a lot of flexibility with envelopes and other modulation sources), with the Quadrangle adding complex staged/looping ADs x 4. Added a Shifty analog shift register to allow the Metropolis to arpeggiate out four step-shifted CVs from the single CV out. Switched to an EMW 4xADSR for the ADSR EGs, plus added an EMW 4-stage phaser and a Flame FX-16CV for stereo effects. Changed the Mordax to an O'Tool mk2 for space considerations.

Then there's that bottom row...a lot of change there: Metropolis is still present, but I added an 8-channel EMW trigger sequencer (no, no menus there...has a shifting track display with '0' and '1' for trigger on/off indicators...very easy to use, rather 909-ish) and a section of drum modules (TR-606 4-voice clone, 8-voice with Linn LM-1 hits, and an Erica Drums with 16-bit samples). Then a HUGE WMD Performance Mixer setup w/ mute expander...this gives eight channels w/ input VCAs, automatable mutes, two FX busses, metering and cue sends, and a couple of other tricks, this into a Bastl Ciao! with a second stereo in line for the balanced outs.

Note that this will not work on a standard power supply setup that MDLR Case puts in their cabs; it will require the extra Doepfer PSU-3 option, but with that, the power will coast along smoothly. And it goes without saying that this blows your 4000 EUR original limit all to hell...but it's way more powerful and capable than the original build attempts.

Well. I printed this Setup and pinned it on my wall. Better than any Pinup Girl.
Wondering with what modules i should start :D
Thank you for your help Lugia.

Easy: start with the ES-8 and the Metropolis. That way, you can lock the Metropolis up to the DAW's sync clock, and the Metropolis is perfectly usable with the SE-02, which will allow you to start learning all of the tricks that sequencer has up its sleeve. I'd then fill out the bottom row as shown (and move the ES-8 into its place up top), allowing you to get used to the trigger sequencer, drum modules, and the performance mixer next. After that, any order that feels right should be just fine.