Hello,

I am new to modular synthesis and after doing quite a bit of reading, watching videos, browsing forums etc. I came up with a few ideas that I incorporated into this rack...

I would really appreciate it if some people could give some feedback regarding these ideas, and whether or not there might be better ways to implement them in a rack.

The general idea is to have a good 303-clone but also to have extra sonic options (thinking of x0xi0, FR-777, Acidlab Bombass) available and also some "automated modulations"...

I kept telling myself "acid synth" in order not to let things get too much out of hand (so many interesting modules out there, unbelievable)...

Now, the thing I'm not so sure about...

I thought it would be nice to patch a bunch of sounds (2 oscillators with fm/cv in, noise, lfo, ring mod, audio divider) and run them through a mixer, then run the mixer's output into vcf - vca etc... (even thinking of normalling each mixer input channel to its own dedicated headphone jack so you could listen to patches before adding them to the mix)...

Does this make any sense at all? And would it indeed yield at least some of the sonic possibilities of the desktop synths I mentioned earlier? And would it be possible to create intentional feedback loops, e.g. run dinsync osc303 triangle out into acidlab m303 vco vc in, then run acidlab m303 vco out into dinsync fm in, then run dinsync saw out into acidlab m303 vcf in from where it's normalled to vca...or would this make the modules melt or overload or perhaps even create a wormhole? (lol)...

By the way, I do realise some multiples/mixers are needed (for splitting lfo? one used as audio source and its twin mixed into the gate signal?)

I'm looking forward to your thoughts and comments as I'm sure I can learn a lot from them.

It's this http://cdn.modulargrid.de/img/racks/modulargrid_140359.jpg rack...

Hi, I had the same idea for Acidlab M303 and dinsync osc303 ...
I think it should work very well ...
I will probably tested in a distant future :/
Money is rare and projects are not moving fast, unfortunately.