Hi guys, well buying , buying stuff and now finally have my Eurorack case complete but as i am a little rookie here i am struggling to make some melodies and need some patch advice .

I do Techno and more minimal music

Also have a Beatstep pro that i use to start a session and its ok but i also need advice to make some nice movement etc. Dont get me wrong i have lfos etc and i patch it but sometimes its not very smooth

cheers

ModularGrid Rack

You have 2 attenuverter with Maths (CH 2 and 3) so if you patch an LFO in one of these 2 channels you can attenuate the signal.
From Muffwiggler

Your Ornaments & Crime has some possibilities for you. There's a Turing Machine mode built in with up to four outputs that can be quantized inside the machine. You can control it externally with the Maths module for convenience.

You can use the dual quantizer in O_C. Feed it an LFO or mix of LFOs attenuated by Maths or your A-138. You can trigger the quantizing via Pamela's New Workout running a Euclidean Rhythms pattern. Your Batumi can sync to a clock or reset from PNW, so the melody can be repeated.

In both cases, you're not having to come up with your own melodies but your system is generating them for you.

Use the rene and then keep changing octaves, use only 6 notes in your progression and make sure to add some blank spots and spaces. also the glide sounds really cool. then make sure with those six notes you use rene to mix it up, change quantization range, reduce notes even from the normal scale.. loop that.

Then for your change, simply slow the clock by 1/4 so it holds each note longer and then while that's going on modulate the hell out of it by hand or with an LFO gone crazy.. then go back to the regular clock, repeat with different envelopes every time too especially on your filters you have at least 3 nice filters so open those using the same envelope (or different) that you open the VCA.

Finally, make sure to use your FM on the oscillators - output a wave from one, to the FM input of another and use that for a crazy solo type thing. just some ideas, nice system! love the size since I have one very similar to it.

Thanks for helping me :)

I will do all this exemples as soon as I go to the studio .. gonna get 2 days off work

So much to learn, so little time !!

I suggest a few additions to get more "melody".
Add a sequencer, a sampler and a keyboard.

I'm not big on recommending specific modules or solutions. You may get your hands on a sequencer that you find intuitive and simple to use and I find it clumsy and awkward. Do you already have or used something that works? You may like a sampler/sequencer integrated in one product. There are many solutions.

Personally I prefer an onboard eurorack module sequencer, external sampler and keyboard.

These search terms will send you down a rabbit hole of options.

eurorack sequencer
hardware sequencer
sampler sequencer
sampler sequencer hardware
midi keyboard
usb keyboard controller

Burousu

I tried to wrap my head around O_C sequencers and the Turing machine mode but I do hate menu diving . But should try again and again

For sequence I have a Beatstep pro and Make Noise Rene .
What I’m looking for is a more generative melodies type so I can record and choose the happy incidents

I swapped the Rene for the Nerdseq sequencer... and heaven on earth!
Very playable... and much, much more possibilities for musicality.

No menu diving, everything 1 layer deep.

I tried to wrap my head around O_C sequencers and the Turing machine mode but I do hate menu diving . But should try again and again

What I’m looking for is a more generative melodies type so I can record and choose the happy incidents
-- Saramago

The two strategies that I suggested are all about happy accidents. You are influencing the melody rather than creating it. Put in the work and learn the module you already have.

I swapped the Rene for the Nerdseq sequencer... and heaven on earth!
Very playable... and much, much more possibilities for musicality.

No menu diving, everything 1 layer deep.
-- jjterbeek

Wow that “Nerd sequencer” looks a lot more complicated but many thanks for the reply :)

-- Saramago

The two strategies that I suggested are all about happy accidents. You are influencing the melody rather than creating it. Put in the work and learn the module you already have.

-- Ronin1973

Yes , everytime we buy something we should spend time to learn the machines . Unfortunately I don’t spend as much time as I want but gonna check some more tutorials about the “O_C” Turing machine

Yes , everytime we buy something we should spend time to learn the machines . Unfortunately I don’t spend as much time as I want but gonna check some more tutorials about the “O_C” Turing machine

-- Saramago

You really should. I have the O_C as well as the Disting. The O_C really isn't too too bad as far as menu diving. Most everything is one page away once you get used to using the two rotary encoders. The Disting drives me bonkers in trying to navigate it. If you're willing to put up with that... the O_C is really easy... and it's really powerful at what it does.

Check out the sequencer section as well and what's possible as far as modulating it to play back different sequences etc. I think you'll find that it's a beast if you know it well.

Disting don’t like the menu driving but it’s really a super useful model. I always use when I wanna try a module a don’t have .

Does exist a pdf with all the sequencers modes etc like the Disting has ?

Disting don’t like the menu driving but it’s really a super useful model. I always use when I wanna try a module a don’t have .

Does exist a pdf with all the sequencers modes etc like the Disting has ?

-- Saramago

I went to the webpage
https://ornament-and-cri.me/user-manual-v1_3/
Then I printed the page as a PDF and saved it to my computer.

Hmm very nice !!