Who do you think could make an interesting module who hasn't? I reckon Fender, Ibanez, EHX, maybe Hotone. Dunlop?

Rookie. Learning Guitar. Will one day build a rack.

Certainly not any of them. The only one in the list there that does anything directly related to synths is Electro-Harmonix, with their Clockworks clock gen/divider box.

If I were to look at stompbox makers who could do interesting modules for synth use, I'd be holding out for Chase Bliss, Rainger FX, or Glou-Glou and certainly not any of the mainstream MI companies. They already have their markets sewn up with the guitar market.

Eh. Fair enough. I don't know what I was thinking not adding any boutique makers. I was thinking the Pinwheel from Fender could be neat with CV over all the controls. Maybe a Tube Screamer? I bet Analog Outfitters could do something interesting! Shame they're on a bit of a hiatus. Maybe a vocoder or a ring mod with a tone wheel producing the carrier signal?

Have I made an ass of myself? I feel like that's what I've done. Sorry.

How DARE you. :) Not at all. Fair and fun question!

As a long time guitar guy, I’d say that Walrus Audio is probably the best new entry to eurorack effect manufacturers. Their pedals are all very creative and have new approaches to effects.

The Elta Music Console in module format? Could have CV control over the selected program, the Z parameter, or the blend. Yes, I acknowledge they've made modules before. I think Boss would be fair to say seeing as Roland has made modules in the past. I was also thinking Fulltone, but that was more because I was daydreaming about a SS Tape Echo or a Tube Tape Echo with a trigger from a sequencer running into the echo cancel instead of using their echo cancel footswitch. I don't think Fulltone is too much into some of the more experimental things.

T-Rex did a really nice tape delay module some time back: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-t-rex-replicator- Basically, it's a Euro version of their Replicator tape delay box with a few extra tricks. Don't hold your breath waiting for Boss, though; Roland's had this long-running (and very, VERY dumb!) semi-policy of not revisiting their older designs unless they can do their meh-grade circuit modeling on them. Even right now, the Roland 500 series isn't made by Roland...it's actually all Malekko's design and build-work. As opposed to Korg (who I still say f**ked up massively on their ARP 2600 reissue nonsense!) who have no problem bringing back older stuff that worked, Roland is so far up this digital modeling bunghole that even their major new synths are pretty questionable, IMHO.

True about Fulltone, tho...I have one of their original Supa-Trem2 boxes, and I think it's one of the finer examples of that sort of thing, well worth having in Eurorack, but they don't even have that as an active model right now. They just have the redone version. I'd love to have that sort of stereo modulation in a synth, but like many guitar stompbox makers, they're still fascinated with that market. Sorta sad, really, when you consider how many Eurorack makers (and which ones!) came out of the stompbox arena.

I feel like I have to add OGRE effects. Less for the modules and more for the aesthetics. A case that's book-ended by two screamin' demon heads would be metal AF!

I'd have to go for a cheap large Midi module.