Hey peeps. My goal for modular is having a box for processing and sound design that I'm not really looking to ever have to use as a standalone system.

My main wants are processing modules and sound sources for sound designing and adding effects to techno projects or bass music in general.

Let me know if anything seems odd given those goals, this is my first setup I've designed and it has gone through many iterations.

I'm planning on just starting out with the ES-9 and the BIA (with the Morphagene hopefully following soon after).

Thanks for any feedback,
murals._..

Hi Iammurals,

You are writing that you are not really looking to ever have to use it as a stand alone system but you then forgot to tell us what you already have and how this is going to fit in your current situation, so because of that, it's pretty difficult to advice on anything useful.

I have two main advices:

• Look into a rack that's at least 3 times the size of what you got planned now, you have no space to grow here, meaning you have to straight away buy a second rack if you want to add just one module (and if you are going to like modular, you will for sure going to add more than one module...)
  • If you need this "only" for sound processing and design then why not use the computer with Ableton or something like that and do there everything? Much easier, most likely much cheaper too

Please carefully think how you want to go to use it and how this then all should fit within your current situation? If you have the possibility then you should try at least a part of that setup at your local dealer to see if it delivers what you expect from it, such testing might give you a total unexpected result, believe me. Before I bought any module and casing, I came once till thrice a week to my local dealer and the only thing I did was testing, testing and testing. I tested (as far as the modules where available for testing) all the modules I was interested in and then I continued with testing, testing and testing. I have done that for about 3 till 4 months in a row before I started to buy my first modular stuff and yet now I got a modular synth, I keep testing, testing, testing and reading, reading, and checking, checking and checking everything I can find about modular synthesizers.

To summarise: modular synthesizers are fantastic, really! But they require you to do a huge pre-work and pre-investigation on it, to get a rough idea on how it's going to work (or not as it will show in test results).

Good luck with it and oh... did I mention already that you should test it first at your local dealer? ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads