Hi!

I love Modulargrid, and at least for my use the features it has are very intuitive and "just right" in the way that is rare in a tool.

The only niggle for me is the keyboard shortcuts. I don't know why, maybe it's because I use Safari, but relatively often (at least a couple of times per an evening of binge planning racks) they bug out in some way. Clicking the module search box does not always seem to correctly move focus to it, and when I type the module name, random keyboard shortcuts are triggered instead and my rack goes bonkers with modules deleted or duplicated. This is very infuriating especially with a more complex rack, where it's not always easy to tell what was changed.

Whenever this happens, the only consistent way of getting rid of this bug is by refreshing the page completely, and even then I still have to fix the changes to the rack design itself. I don't feel I even need the keyboard shortcuts, and they are rarely used on websites anyway because of problems managing focus – not a problem if you have a single HTML5 canvas and the focus sticks to that, but mixing HTML elements with keypress catching is something I would personally avoid. But that is of course for you to decide, and apparently many people use the shortcuts happily and without any problems.

I think the easiest solution for people who have this problem would be to have an extra checkbox in the profile settings to simply disable keyboard shortcuts entirely.

Thank you! :)

+1 for this, the number of time I wrecked my rack when searching for a module is very high while I hardly every use keyboard shortcuts. It would be a great improvement to deactivate them and lock this option.

Thirded.

Fourth

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

And fifth. I think a lot of the problems with this feature are coming from the gradual diversification away from mainstream browsers due to security concerns. For example, my local cannabis dispensary has an online menu and ordering-in-advance system, which they REALLY want us to use during the Covid fiasco in the USA. However, my browser choices on my studio machines is Firefox...and their menu system really detests Firefox, necessitating what has to be about the only use of Microsoft Edge in here on them. Standardization to HTML5 is one thing...but on the client end, there's still piles of drawbacks.

O.k. I look into it.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Hi Modulargrid, All,

How about that option of disabling all keyboard shortcuts except the copy (Ctrl-C) and past (Ctrl-V) options as the only two? Perhaps the Ctrl-X shortcut as well?

I know this is a "dangerous" request on top of this main request, because that might lead to more exceptions but that (more exceptions) should or shall be avoided of course.

Thank you very much and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

How about that option of disabling all keyboard shortcuts except the copy (Ctrl-C) and past (Ctrl-V) options as the only two?
-- GarfieldModular

I think the option should disable at least all destructive shortcuts. Paste and cut belong to it.
But I am in favour to just disable everything. It bugs me a bit that I never got it to work reliable.

O.k. I look into it.
-- modulargrid

Great, thank you! :)

There are keyboard shortcuts?

Just teasing, heheh, I knew they existed really, but - I have never used them nor had any problem because of them either!

Mac OS X / Safari here.

The , and . move module functions are quite nice. And copy/paste even works between browser windows so you can plan 2 racks at the same time. But unfortunately there is an unsolve problem with the focus of the search input field that can cause mixed up racks and swear words.

Thank you MG!!

Please DM me for help with the unresolved problem if you would like to, I can usually fix these kinds of things - if they are actually fixable anyway ;)

We now have the option to disable the shortcuts entirely. Find the button top right where you can enable/disable Popovers, Space Guides, Panel Selector.
Message me, if it is not working for you.

We now have the option to disable the shortcuts entirely. Find the button top right where you can enable/disable Popovers, Space Guides, Panel Selector.

Excellent! Thank you very much!