this user has left ModularGrid

Came up with this jam today using Elektron Analog 4 as master sequencer/controller plus drums to modular:

Works great as I get to control two modular systems at once in sync with the Elektron Analog 4 as master clock/sequencer and also add more layers of percussion from the Analog 4 to modular.

Hi Sacguy71,

Great jam and thanks a lot for the hint, I got an A4 as well but I keep "forgetting it" to combine it with my modular setup, great idea, I just need to get the time for doing it. So your video makes me appetite for the idea :-)

Thank you for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Cool deal- did not know you have an Elektron Analog 4! Great synthesizer and love the CV control options for modular. I do wish that it had 12 CV outputs versus 4 but still decent as you can layer 4 additional tracks for drums/bass to a small modular setup. I think having Octatrack + A4 and modular is great combo. You do need 1/4 inch to eurorack cables and Elektron sells nice ones for this task.

Hi Sacguy71,

I made myself a few of those 6.35 mm to 3.5 mm patch cables, cheaper ;-) Today I finally had time to play with my A4 again but it was so long ago that I had to get used to it again first. So another time I need to look into combining it with my modular system.

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Nice skill, Garfield,

I am not quite that handy in building cables. Anyways, using A4 with modular is way easier than Octatrack as you just need to configure the CV A-D settings on the CV menu from A4 and off you go. Octatrack is more of a pain as need MIDI to CV like cv.ocd and do lots of tweaking. I love using drums with A4/OT since I don't need to spend 10-20k on a large modular bass/drum setup.

Still, I like the experimental percussion modules like WMD Fracture/Chimera and Intellijel Plonk and will add those as well as Hexinverter Mutant Machine in the future to complement my Noise Engineering BIA module. Drums are just way too much fun and along with bass the heart of all dance and electronic music.