Hi Folks - Just wanted to post my latest recordings. This one is called A Hundred Lamentations and came about while exploring Schlappi Engineering's 100 Grit filter. A very interesting module that makes a ton of crazy cool noises. I was actually feeling really depressed when these brooding wails came out of it, so it fit my mood perfectly at the time (it was work related and has since passed). I also think the animation fits well and is one of my favorite Artmatic pieces to date. Cheers!

Love it, hauntingly beautiful!

Love it, hauntingly beautiful!
-- Niemandsland

Thank you for checking it out and your kind comments. Much appreciated.

Hi Folks - Just wanted to post my latest recordings. This one is called A Hundred Lamentations and came about while exploring Schlappi Engineering's 100 Grit filter.
-- TumeniKnobs

Very cool stuff that makes me want the Schlappi. I have a thing for dark ambient. But there's so much that thinks it needs to sound like a remote ice planet. This one is abstract and I like it a lot for that. Are those Julia sets in the animation by any chance? Sure looks like some sort of fractal.
(edit: fixed the quote)

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

Thanks, Arrandan. I appreciate it. I've really been surprised at how much I like the 100 Grit. It is very fun to mess around with.

In the animation, I do not believe the Julia fractal is used. I checked all the components used in Designer for this rendering, and their algorithms/parameters and did not see any reference to any Julia set. But there is a lot of math going on that I can't pretend to understand. Designer certainly has various Julia sets to use and a load of other fractals, but it has so many more components to choose from, it is a very deep rabbit hole. :-) Cheers!

Everything about this is good. So impressed. Thanks for making it.