hi all,

like others here i went deep down the rabbit hole recently and i'm totally enthralled and in a delirium like state, modular synths are everything i was looking for a looooong time, i just didn't know it had a name! now that i do... its all i know.

here is a picture of my rack, i still don't know many things, and probably have chosen a few things on it just to be with the cool kids so please advise.

i am an artist/ filmmaker & i want to build a synth that fits some criteria:

• make soundscapes / sound design for my short films
  • can any modules do foley sounds?
  • play live music for performances
  • should be fun
  • video synthesis / VJ
  • should be somewhat portable - the erica synths travel case looks ideal, is pretty co$$$tly tho
  • i can solder/diy myself, and would prefer this
  • want some weird, unusual, esoteric modules
  • am highly interested in euclidean rhythms and neo-riemannian theory, and the "tonnetz" and such, so mosdef i want the "ornament and crime", dunno how to add it? doesn't come up in module search?
  • should i just go all out with erica synths black series?
  • very interested in highly technical and mathematical/musical concepts and modules that allow me to map highly geometric, sparse, conceptual compositions to sounds
  • have a technical background and wanna make a deep dive into synthesis
  • looking for suggestions for musicians, theorists, writers, performers, youtubers, etc
  • i know my rack is totally a grab-bag and ridiculous as of now

could you folks please take a look and throw any suggestions my way

ps: also, this website is quite modular itself innit, its cool. especially the rack builder. so fun.