hello all modularheads out there!
im right now thinking of extending my modular system. My main goal is to have something to bring and play live shows on. So something similar to a groovebox would be great.

Right now i have the intellijel 7U case, getting the 1u modules soon next week. with this system i also bought the Roland Aira system 1M so maby in the future i'll get another intellijel case and snap on this build (so in the end it will be a 10/11 U rac)

is it anything you guys think i should add to my system right now? think i've figured out the drum part and the synth parts. Any good input would be really nice. I usally make like electrohouse, industrial music.

thanks!!
//Komrad sebas

It's a nice selection but any reason in particular you are using almost exclusively MI equipment? I would mix it up a bit myself. Also, something like Shelves is taking a lot of space and maybe not providing much benefit for your usage.

I would add a sequencer of some kind. Metropolis is a good one though maybe too big here. Or Pam's Workout.

Hey amop!
Good question! Not sure why i got stuck with only MI products. It started with me buying Warps, found out that it was a cross-modulator, a VCA, and a vocoder. So most of the modules are multifunctional, which i feelt was something for me.
Yes its true, i bought shelves on accident haha! Right now i am using it more as a "EQ" , so i patch the full mix from the Frames to shelves and then to the intellijel Out module, but you are right on that point that its just a space Waste right now. I will look in to that.

I was thinking the same! But the Yarns module can send up to 2 diffrent sequences and also a clock signal (in this case im sending the clock signal to the Grids so i can build drum patterns. Its a littlebit of menu diving, but it gets the jobb done haha!

I also bought Shelves on accident (it was on sale!) so don't feel bad. ;-). I'm sure it's a good module, but it overlaps other stuff I have. I don't have the version with the expanded filter options like you do.

I don't know Yarns but if you are using a computer with this or external sequencer I hear it is very good. I use a Beatstep Pro and a Rene myself. It's all personal choice of course - I don't do live performances. :)

Mutable is very nice stuff - I have Clouds and Braids and thinking of Grids - but I also like the more "raw" tools like Maths, and dedicated VCOs and filters. Anyway - good luck with your choices!

ah yes i've been thinking of getting the Rene myself!

Is it easy to understand or is it a complex sequencer?

I can imagine! ill check your system aswell :) maby i'll get some good idea.... or expensive ones haha!

I would watch a lot of videos on Rene first. Especially the ones by Make Noise and James Ciglar.

It's not exactly for everyone but once I got into it I've really enjoyed it. It's a little complex, at least for me, but only because it's different. But I have other ones: the BSP and the Knit Rider by Bastl. Im seriously looking at the Metropolis now by Intelijel.

Yeah, check out the racks I have - a 12u and a skiff . I am building a second 9U in a few weeks, and then hopefully not expanding any more for a while. But then I say that all the time. ;-)