Once you've found a picture of the pedal you want to add, how do you get it to the size it's supposed to be? I tried to add a pedal, but I could tell by comparing it to other pedals on my board that it wasn't the right size. Can someone please walk me through how you get the pedals sized properly?

Thanks in advance! :)

You have to enter the correct width of the pedal. Everything else will be resized automatically.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

You have to enter the correct width of the pedal. Everything else will be resized automatically.
-- modulargrid

That's what I do. I go to the pedal company's website to get the dimensions, but the image still won't be the right size. It'll be too small. It happens no matter what pedal I'm trying to add. :/

Hi, just to reiterate this - looks like the resizing doesn't function exactly as intended (or there's something i'm doing wrong) -

https://www.modulargrid.net/p/pedalboards/view/634641

Here are 2 sets of pedals with similar/the same dimensions that aren't scaled how they should be

Still can't figure this out. Can someone please explain to me how you're getting the pedal image to the correct size? Even after adding the dimensions, the image is not the right size. Are you using some kind of photo editing software or???

Do you have an example where it does not work?

In general:
* if you upload a JPG, where the pedal is placed on an evenly background, the software tries to autocrop the pedal and change the even background into transparency.
* if you upload a PNG there is no auto image processing involved.

So if the autocrop does not work uploaded PNGs that were edited with an external software indeed give the best results.

Also check where you get the dimensions from.
Instead of giving the right dimensions of a pedal, shops like Amazon often just list the dimension of the package.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Here's an example from me :
https://www.modulargrid.net/p/pedalboards/view/899593

(sorry must have deleted the old one)

The model feT on the left was my old (and now unnecessary) attempt at adding the pedal, with the 93 x 116 mm dimensions of the Hammond 1590BB. Next to it is a pedal with a 118mm height that's clearly completely different, and next to that is someone else's attempt at a model feT, with 148mm height that's still not as tall as the 118mm of the Sea Machine in the middle.

Do you have an example where it does not work?

In general:
* if you upload a JPG, where the pedal is placed on an evenly background, the software tries to autocrop the pedal and change the even background into transparency.
* if you upload a PNG there is no auto image processing involved.

So if the autocrop does not work uploaded PNGs that were edited with an external software indeed give the best results.

Also check where you get the dimensions from.
Instead of giving the right dimensions of a pedal, shops like Amazon often just list the dimension of the package.

-- modulargrid
That's just the thing, it doesn't work for ANY pedal that I add. I always get the dimensions directly from the pedal manufacturer's website. I use a PNG image with a transparent background, but then when I enter the dimensions and submit the pedal,
it doesn't get resized properly. Is that all you have to do is enter the dimensions, or is there something else involved? I'm sure it's probably an error on my end. I'm no photo editing expert.

Glad it wasn't just me. I threw together a board of a bunch of Donner Pedals, sorted by input dimensions.

Donner mis-match

If you look at the two on the left (or the two on the right), they have exactly the same size, are cropped well, but wildly different sizes.

Seems to be a bigger issue than just getting the pedal dimensions right or cropping.

Here's an example from me :
https://www.modulargrid.net/p/pedalboards/view/899593

(sorry must have deleted the old one)

The model feT on the left was my old (and now unnecessary) attempt at adding the pedal, with the 93 x 116 mm dimensions of the Hammond 1590BB. Next to it is a pedal with a 118mm height that's clearly completely different, and next to that is someone else's attempt at a model feT, with 148mm height that's still not as tall as the 118mm of the Sea Machine in the middle.
-- jacobstoker

The Model feT image was a PNG, with a surrounding transparent surface.
See note from further up:

if you upload a PNG there is no auto image processing involved.

I have corrected all pictures of your pedals. Everything should fit now.

Glad it wasn't just me. I threw together a board of a bunch of Donner Pedals, sorted by input dimensions.

Donner mis-match

If you look at the two on the left (or the two on the right), they have exactly the same size, are cropped well, but wildly different sizes.

Seems to be a bigger issue than just getting the pedal dimensions right or cropping.

-- HoboPelican

Sometimes the machines rebel and the automatism does not work. So see the note from further up:

I have reworked the pictures, your pedalboard looks good now.

Sometimes the machines rebel and the automatism does not work. So see the note from further up:

I have reworked the pictures, your pedalboard looks good now.

Thanks for the info and rework! Just to be clear, you're saying a reworked PNG is better than a jpg?

.pngs might scale a bit better, but MG accepts JPEG just fine as well. It's pretty forgiving about image quality. However, I avoid the autocrop function, and crop everything before loading. That way, there's less for MG to chew on, which is more efficient.