I ordered the first two modules and a busboard back in 1996. Since then the system developed slowly to this extend. I don't own a Doepfer-case but an old worn-out wooden 12HE 19'' flightcase from the fleamarket.

I met Sir Dieter Doepfer once at the Musikmesse Frankfurt. He is a friendly and smart man who asks his (potential) customers, what kinds of modules they want for the future and discusses, if they could be realized.

On my opinion, Mr Doepfer deserves the highest instrument-maker-award, because for so many users, he made such a system affordable. For me he is a true hero.

Now, that I've been true to Doepfer for twenty years, I've discovered Ladik-modules from www.ladik.eu that cost quart as much as original and come with very useful features. They integrate nicely into the system, optical and functional.

ladik is about the best value in Eurororack modules you can get in Central Europe. No nonsense functional stuff.

Hey there. I'm very new to synthesizers and modular setups so this may sound like a very naive question because it is: how do you power this rack?

You need a power supply.

You either use a Doepfer style built-in PSU or an external 'brick'/laptop style power supply unit (or wall wart in small systems) with a converter module. Both are connected to bus boards/cables inside your case that your modules plug into.

Every module is connected to one of four busboards on the inside of the rack. These busboards are powered by a power-supply-unit that deliveres 12V+, 12V- and 5V+. If you desire you can also provide all modules with a common CV1 and/or gate from the midi-interface.