Starting to build my first modular rig. Aiming to produce ambient and minimal sounds. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks!

Impressive...about the only thing I would want to substitute out would be to toss one of those triple VCA/mixers in favor of some sort of delay line in that 6hp space. Ambient really sort of needs some sort of sound-field depth manipulation in order to get that immersive quality, and delays seem to be better in restrictive spaces than the reverbs that one might fit in the same space. Plus, with the sequencer, you'd then have the ability to do very Berlin-school-ish 'delay canon' repetitions if the delay can sync to the sequencer clock. While it's spendy, still have a look at Audio Damage's ADM16 Dub Jr....does all of this, plus gives you the fun of an insert in its feedback path. But another way to do this and have even more flexibility would be to go with an effect send/return module such as Malekko's SND/RTN, which would allow you to insert a number of chained outboard devices AND give you another 2 hp to drop a VCF in from...who else?...2hp. You kinda might want a VCF in this, come to think of it.

Thanks for the feedback. A lot of this is hypothetical at the moment, since I'm slowly piecing it together (currently just have Rings, Clouds, and the I/O). I only added that second 3xVCA because I frequently read about the importance of VCAs, but perhaps a filter would be a better choice.

Maybe...but let's say you used one of the VCAs to gate the VCO going into the Rings to...well, 'ring' it, then used another to control the amplitude envelope coming back out of the Rings and going on downstream. This still leaves one VCA free for CV modulation control or, alternately, to control amplitudes coming out of the ONE, and with what's there at present, that's just about right. A better idea would be something to 'stereoize' the signal, which is mono up to the Clouds...something that gives you a mono in, but stereo outs. Think about something like a chorus or stereo phaser that can either generate a stereo image in the time or timbral domain, or a reverb that can do a bit of both.