https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_777246.jpg

hi everyone,
recently i thought of an idea where id like to make my own instrument for live performance, ive been doing research for a few months now, reading books, watching videos, reading other forums and blogs, and then over the past two weeks i found modulargrid and decided to build my synth. however, i already purchased my own rack (arturia rack brute 3U) in advance, so my build can only be 83 HP (88 w/ power module). theres a few things I took into consideration that I wanted out of this build:

the ability to be controlled by MIDI/Ableton
the ability to be routed stereo (for interface or mixer/speaker purposes)
the ability to recall presets if needed, however can still be used to create different variations of those sounds live
polysynth, with a wavetable synthesizer, that features multiple oscillators for more mod sources and mod types (AM, FM, Additive?) OR more voices?
effects module, that also features a compression module, for better dynamics control and creativity when working live
the ability to control the effects and other parts of the synth via outside instruments (other synths , guitars?)

a couple questions I had, would this work better trying to make this synth more paraphonically than polyphonically? will i be able to control the synth via MIDI to CV polyphonically via KeyLab/Keystep efficiently through this build, if i took out the Intellijel MIDI? I could still route it through the synthbox and so forth correct? or other instruments through midi to cv to synth box...?) my other question is, if i run a synth or guitar through the AI2 (1/4"), i can run in back out at the end of the chain through the AI2, does that work? does the AI2 read midi data, couldn't i run midi/cv through the input of that and through the chain and back? also, i believe that my build allows for up to six voices, correct? (four through the synthbox). also, if i wanted to run some more filters, i could run a filter chain through the ferry and back correct? i also wanted to see if there were any alternative modules that you guys think i could be using, either to better my build considerations or wallet lol. am i missing something? do i need more VCAs? i also believe i need to make room for a better/bigger mixer.

i am very new to eurorack so i wanted to make sure i got a couple questions answered from the pros before i started pouring money into this science project :) i know that i could sell the arturia rack brute for a much bigger rack, and if you have any suggestions let me know, but i think having it smaller makes it more challenging, portable, and less expensive. i also like having the ability to use the rackbrute w other arturia products. let me know what you guys think and and what some suggestions, what i should be thinking about/working on, general advice, better signal flow, etc.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_777246.jpg

Building a polysynth in Eurorack for live performance is a bit of a stretch. Oh and you want to recall presets. That's just not going to happen in Eurorack.

You're better off just buying a true polysynth with wavetables. If you're running Ableton then the cheapest solution is to use a plug-in.

tell me what from the build makes it a bit of a stretch from a polysynth? and i realize the ability to recall presets is a stretch, but something that has presets as a starter point was something more of what i want, but thanks for the answer captain obvious

LOL... you know nothing of Eurorack and post some wild idea that would be uber expensive and difficult to control in a live situation. You ask for advice. You got it. It's your money and your idea. Go ahead and try it and report back, colonel clueless.

The dude comes in all newbie and hot and thinks a passive aggressive tone will work here?! For the record, Ronin's reply was factual and valid. Do you just want someone to hand it to you?!!

Why you would diss someone off that bat reinforces your naivety. Come back when you've grown up. Close the door on your way out.

Agreed. OP needs to do more research on what modular synthesis can and cannot do. What the OP wants is in the 'cannot do' column. Even a modular that has preset recall, such as the Buchla 200e system, will still be unable to recall the actual patch if the physical cable arrangement isn't duplicated by the user, by hand. Besides, what they're describing is, basically, a Waldorf Quantum...so why not get one of those? True, it doesn't have the SEXXXAY of knobs and wires all over the place, but does the OP want musical functionality or a stage prop?