i got into this lately and need guidence

Hi Nour,

Some more information on your situation would be good to have to be able to advise you. How much experience do you have in general with synthesizers? How much with modular? The case you show here above... is that what you already have or is that what you plan to have? What do you want to do with what you plan? What kind of music or for testing purposes, or what exactly do expect and want to do with (the above) modular system?

The more we know, the better we can try to help :-)

Kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

You have a skiff. But the picture is of three rows with two of the three empty. To be more useful, is this one row. If so... are you using all of the space already or is there HP left over? Varigates, Voltage Block, and Maths are big modules to place in a skiff. You will also want to examine the DEPTH of each module and make sure that they will fit into the skiff that you've selected. There are no industry standards on depth.

hey guys. yes i am a producer with regular synth selection and daw. recording beats and experiment with new sounds kind of like record and use.
lateley got to modular bcz i got moog m32 and dfam and like the idea and the way the sounds change when i patch cables.
the skiff is makenoise powered.
all the modules are already mounted in the skiff it is working. apart from the usb the wuad lfo and the noose which are just an idea of mine to fill up the 10ho empty space i have left.
i am not sure what i want from my modular i just know i want to buy them all.
also i am more of trying to find out what i can do with this system so i canndecide what i want to use next.
watched tons of videos of different modules.
i dont really want the biased module selection like this artist uses this module i got to have it or everyone on youtube is making videos of this and that module i gotta have it.
then we would all have the same system and sound nearly the same.
thats why i wd love for you to give me ideas of how this system can grow what it couod do and what i am missing or any patch ideas of these modules would be appreciated.

You have a skiff. But the picture is of three rows with two of the three empty. To be more useful, is this one row. If so... are you using all of the space already or is there HP left over? Varigates, Voltage Block, and Maths are big modules to place in a skiff. You will also want to examine the DEPTH of each module and make sure that they will fit into the skiff that you've selected. There are no industry standards on depth.
-- Ronin1973

i have a make noise skiff these modules are in the sliff already.
3 rows bcz i want to expand with a suitcase 2x104

Hi Nour,

Since you are not too sure what you want, I would suggest you start with a small system (I mean half full system/case) and get some experience. With that experience you can then decide which other modules you would like to have and then can start to fill up the space.

Leave more space free than 10 HP (that's just about one or two modules). You definitely need more space reserved for future use otherwise you end up soon with buying another case :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks for the info on you background.

Well, your system here is pretty basic... which isn't a bad thing. There are a few things that would be helpful to you as you go along. Attenuators and attenuverters are good things. Not all your CV ins have attenuaters/verters built in. The Maths has four channels, channels 2 and 3 can be used as attenuverters. You may find yourself wanting dedicated units. The Befaco dual attenuverter is pretty tasty. It also includes an offset knob. This will give you a lot more control over your CV signals.

Eventually, you're going to want to tie this system into your DAW at least for sync and recording. So a MIDI-to-CV module would be useful as well as a mixer and Eurorack level to line level output. You can probably get away with not having either depending on your audio interface and its specifics (DC filtering, enough headroom to handle a HOT Eurorack signal).

A second VCO will probably be a good purchase as just one might sound a little thin for some applications. You'll also benefit from being able to sync two oscillators to get that "oscillator sync" sound and even do some audio rate modulation of things like filter cutoff etc.

There are a million directions to go in and everyone's journey is going to be a lot different. Don't worry too much about a module that is popular and everyone else seems to have. There are no presets in Eurorack and you'll find that a small nudge of a knob can often make a HUGE difference in what's coming out of the speakers. You can give ten guys the exact same set-up and get ten very unique sounding results. That's the beauty of Eurorack. But about the cost... lol...

clearly, lol. thanks for the tips . i would better get to know what i have and watch more vids about modules before i get more modules . oscillators yes and need clocks also