this user has left ModularGrid

Had fun experimenting with modulation and Doepfer A171-2 VCS today

Dang it, if I were rich, I would just get a Serge and Buchla setup and call it a day. Maybe one day if I ever get lucky and strike it rich. I priced a Serge basic setup including touchpad and was 20k!

Hi Sacguy71,

Great stuff and thanks a lot for this demo, I wasn't so much aware of the Doepfer - A-171-2 module. You make me a good appetite for that module with your video :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

A-171-2 ain't no joke, y'all...given that it's a copy (with blessings) of Ken Stone's variant on the original Serge VCS circuit, you could also look at it as being 1/2 of a Maths, minus a few behind-the-panel features.

this user has left ModularGrid

Indeed it is a great module and came with my Doepfer A100 Basic System 1 to get me started on modular. That and Quadrax are solid contenders to Maths. Since I already have a Make Noise 0-coast that has Slope/Contour which is like a mini-Maths, I wanted some variety. Befaco Rampage and Frap Tools Falistri also look like interesting variations on the Serge/Buchla complex function generator as well. Eurorack has infinite choices compared to the limits of other systems. But it all points back to the big three of modular: Moog, Serge, and Buchla. If I was filthy rich, I would just get a Moog System 15, Buchla Skylab or the classic modules, and Serge setups. But I'd need 50-100k for Serge/Buchla/Moog systems compared to 20k of Eurorack.