I already have a Behringer Neutron and a Keystep, I've posted here some years back about planning to get some eurorack expansion but after some time these plans changed.
For starters I've ordered PNW, Squid, M8 a passive mult and the STmix + Out module. All this will go on a uZeus supply.
My final idea is a rhythm oriented setup based on samples where I can route individual sounds through different filters and stereo effects + Behringer as a synth voice and a Plaits to fill in as additional percussion/noise or even melody with Voltage Block driving it. I don't intend to dial in exact melodies so i think i'd be happy with the VB. Before i start getting more of these modules i'd like some expert opinion on whether i'm missing something out or if i can replace something with a more efficient module (in terms of space, cost, power consumption, number of functions)

You might want to add more mixer channels, even with the Squid Sample just running the Mix out you are maxing out the STMIX which leaves you less options for patching.
I've recently bought a Doepfer A-138sv for sub-mixing percussion https://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-138sv You could kick out the Befaco OUT and the 2x Mults to have room for it.

But don't listen to me if you don't want, these are also my limitations :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

That's not going to work with a uZeus even with the bigger power supply - max -ve rail is 500mA - which means you want to keep below 400mA (preferably less) - otherwise expect power problems

I'd try to change to a power supply that has at least 750mA available on the -ve rail & preferably one without the rack wart

I'd recommend the tiptop studio bus - but you'll need 2 busboards otherwise you probably won't have enough power on the +12v - and you still get a rack wart

I like the befaco excalibus - you'd need 2 though, but no rack wart! - so 4hp more to play with! just a hole in the case to take the power cable(s)

otherwise if it were me I'd probably swap the dipole for a blades - or something smaller like a wmd overseer and the pico dsp for a fx aid (get the xl if you can - better ergonomics and more modulation inputs)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

That's not going to work with a uZeus even with the bigger power supply - max -ve rail is 500mA - which means you want to keep below 400mA (preferably less) - otherwise expect power problems

I'd try to change to a power supply that has at least 750mA available on the -ve rail & preferably one without the rack wart

I'd recommend the tiptop studio bus - but you'll need 2 busboards otherwise you probably won't have enough power on the +12v - and you still get a rack wart

I like the befaco excalibus - you'd need 2 though, but no rack wart! - so 4hp more to play with! just a hole in the case to take the power cable(s)

otherwise if it were me I'd probably swap the dipole for a blades - or something smaller like a wmd overseer and the pico dsp for a fx aid (get the xl if you can - better ergonomics and more modulation inputs)

-- JimHowell1970

Ooof, well since I already ordered the uZeus i'll start with it and then get something more powerful after passing 400mA on the negative. Thanks for this info especially.
I'll also definitely check out blades, overseer and fx aid as replacements for the other modules. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I haven't gotten into making solid racks so the flying bus boards were tempting with the uZeus. Question: Do i need anything special or just make screw holes, screw in the bus boards and connect them to a power supply?