As always, thanks for all your valuable ideas!

Here is another draft. The modules in the top row are candidates for what to get initially, and the rest (including the modules below the case) are potential alternatives to modules in the top row, or things that I'm simply interested in for later.

ModularGrid Rack

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

Here are some specific questions:

• FH-2 vs. Export Sleepers: Do you think I need the option to record audio through this module (given that I want to give a Ableton Live-centric workflow a go, using CV Tools/Silent Way/Volta)?
  • ES-3 vs. ES-8: Is there something that ES-3 provides that the ES-8 do not?
  • Elements: Will Elements need to be tuned?
  • Frames: Can Frames serve as a mixer and a VCA for this small system, with some room to grow with the modules in the second row, or would it make sense to have something like Stages and Veils instead?
  • Cables etc: I'm considering getting a EricaSynths 2x126HP monster case (140mm deep). Do you have any recommendations for cable lengths, quantities, types (such as stack cables), inline mults, or manufacturers?
  • Output: I'm thinking that I can listen to the output of the system through my computer initially, and get an audio output as a convenience later on. Do you think that could work?
  • Mordax DATA: Will I benefit from this module (in terms of exploring, learning and making things more intuitive) working with these modules?
  • 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator: What other modules would make sense to add if this module is added to the system?
  • Effects: Are there any effect modules that springs to mind, that can do things that are not conveniently done through Ableton Live's effects?

Also, if anyone knows whether or not I can emulate Ears (including the envelope follower) using software, that would be interesting to know. :)

Cheers!