Hi Sacguy71,

Looking for a good EG isn't that easy, isn't it? I am facing a similar issue. Some ideas here for you to consider:

• Hikari Instruments - Triple AD, I love this one, can be nice snappy if wanted
  • ACL - Envelope x3, is a classic ADSR but of (very) good quality
  • Vermona - fourMative Countours, is also a classic ADSR and also of (very) good quality, I am considering this one myself
  • Waldorf - MOD1, if you still can find one, good Waldorf underestimated modular quality, it has 3 decay levels and parallel to this AD3SR also trigger, gate or LFO functionality and yet another AR as well, tons of possibilities with this module (I will be honest with you on this one, it has a quite high learning curve though, that might be seen as a con)
  • Make Noise - Contour, if you have already a Maths and you still like to have an additional Make Noise style EG, this is the one you need :-)
  • Xaoc Devices - Zadar, you mentioned that one yourself already, it's on my radar as well but I am hesitating... too much menu diving or acceptable?
  • Doepfer A-140-1 it's the standard/classic ADSR from Doepfer, I love this one, straight simple forward but you get what you expect, good steady quality and it has an inverse output that can come in handy in certain situations. I guess you have this one already since that might have come together with your Doepfer system, however there is nothing against a second one, now is there? I am using three of them :-) Doepfer does have other ADSRs/EGs as well, check their website under the A-14x series
  • Then there are brands of which I don't have experience with but I know they have ADSRs too, like: AJH Synth, ALM Busy Circuits (Quaid Megaslope is on my wish list), Dreadbox (Ataxia I am considering), Frequency Central (System X EG, might be a nice and affordable one), Instruo (Cèis), Intellijel Dual ADSR but since you have the Quadrax you might want to look at other brands, I can understand that, Malekko Quad Envelope is an AHDSR might be interesting, no experience with yet though, Mutable Instrumanets (Stages and/or Tides - II), Pittsburgh Modular ADSR Mk II, ReBach Catch - ADSR-A, and WMD (Javelin, Multimode Envelope, ADSRVCA)
  • And of course don't forget Erica Synths, I actually love their envelopes. After Doeper's EGs I would go for their EGs. I have myself a Black HADSR EG and Black VC EG and both are great, availability might be a problem though. They recently released Black Dual ASR EG, I consider that one for the future perhaps as well. Oh yes and don't forget their Fusion Modulator if you want something else as the usual EG :-) That's one with a tube!

That's what just comes to mind for the moment. My top recommendations are Vermona, Erica Synths, Doepfer, Hikari Instruments (this is a lovely module consider this one!) and ACL.

Good luck with the search for a suitable EG and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads