Operation on Zadar is fast enough IMO, in fact the presence of the screen makes it easier for me than my new Quadrax for which I have to remember button combinations, whereas I built muscle memory much faster on Zadar. One thing to remember though is that it only accept triggers, so if you need the envelope to respond to gate length, it won't work, gate lengths are ignored and considered as a trigger. It is particularly good at very complex modulation, either very fast or very slow, amazing for ambient types of music.
Stages is also very useful because it's not only a configurable EG, it can be LFO's, S&H, so it can adapt very well to your patching needs, you can even mix & match. But if you're looking for ADSR, it might not be your best bet, it can only do one at a time (you need to use 4 out of 6 available stages for an ADSR).
I had my eyes on the Quadigy before settling for a Quadrax instead, it may be a good choice for quad ADSR. It has menus but the UI/UX design seems clever enough to make it a non-issue I think, although I never actually tried it and would recommend one does before purchase.
Good luck with your research and hope you find something that makes you musically happy ;-)

--- Voltage control all the things ---