Curious as to why the variety of VCAs…why wouldn’t you just use one type of VCA multiple times? For example, you have the 3X VCA and then also the Veils quad VCA in the top row…why not just two of the Veils? Is it for different functionality that some have vs others? Different sonics? Looks like the Tallin is also a VCA?

Well, I just love VCAs, and each one has a different quality. The HN VCA has attenuverters so they can be used for inverting envelopes and even AM synthesis, the Tallin has 3 kinds of distortion to choose from, and Veils has offset and linear/exponential controls. Besides audio, I also like to use them for control voltages and as switches in logic patches. You can never have too many VCAs!

I do have the Arturia mini brute 2 which I was thinking to mount to the 6U…second guessing myself as to whether I maybe should have gotten the 2S instead for the sequencing

If it's any consolidation, I had the MiniBrute 2S before I got my second Rackbrute, and I was always second guessing myself on whether I should have gotten the one with the keyboard :-D