Right now, I have a splitting headache.

I have a splitting headache because I ordered some gear from the retailing juggernaut that is Sweetwater, and since it qualified for overnight via FedEx Ground, I went for that, then sat back the next day for this to show up.

Did it? No. Instead, what happened to mine and probably a bunch of others' orders is that they went to a suburb of Indianapolis...and stopped there for about 18 hours for what I was told was a snag due to "staffing issues". OK...fine, I've done this dance with FedEx's clown show before, so sit back, wait, and then tomorrow (ie: today)...

Nothing. Again. OK, check the app on the phone...and it arrived in Champaign, left Champaign, went to Champaign again, all early in the AM...and as of right now, this "overnight" shipment is coming up on Day #4.

Oh, HELL no! OK, so call FedEx AGAIN, punch through their customer deflection phone system AGAIN, and let's see what's causing this. The answers were appalling...apparently this was the package moving from the terminal to the local office, but this massive distance was simply a move from one part of their terminal to another part of that same terminal. Yes, scanning the package this way might make it appear that the package was on its way...save that that 'way' is about 150 yards.

I demanded answers at this point. S**t ain't funny. So I got connected to a higher-up in their customer mollification department, and they promised to "get this sorted out", and they'd call back in a half-hour.

Two hours later...the phone rings. And it's not the previous person, but someone at the Champaign terminal who was VERY hostile and combative, to say nothing of being a helluva insult-slinger. They suggested I come over and get the box. I suggested that maybe you need to do your effin' job and bring the box over like you're supposed to. Call ended shortly after that in an avalanche of four-letter words on BOTH ends! Call FedEx AGAIN, navigate the customer-deflector AGAIN...then I get told that "that package wasn't an overnight". Oh? Hmmm...Sweetwater.com, check this, that...nope, that assertion is 100% BS. Either that, or you need to see what THEIR website says about this "free overnight" shipping gobbledygook.

So...call Sweetwater, where this all started. They wanted me to, actually, as they were watching how this got dealt with by FedEx (which goes quite a way to my deduction that there were A LOT of Sweetwater shipments in that trailer that got stuck in Indy) because THEY have been pissed at FedEx since FedEx dropped their delivery guarantees which apparently has led to a bunch of lackadaisical behavior at that "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight" carrier.

I should note that I had Sweetwater change my shipment info around this point, leaving a note on my account that Sweetwater "absolutely, positively" NEVER ship me anything via FedEx Ground ever again, period.

Now, for those of you reading this who don't know the geography here, Champaign and Ft. Wayne, Indiana are only about 3-4 hours apart. By car. At this point, I could've gone over to Sweetwater several times, gotten a bit of the gear each time, and then by the time I'd reassembled it all we would be at...well, about NOW, actually.

So the lesson is: if you're ordering from Sweetwater and you're in the geographic range for FedEx Ground "overnight"...well, don't. Have them ship your stuff via UPS, USPS, ANYthing but FedEx Ground if you need it ASAP. Or if you need it at all, for that matter, if you value your gear AND your sanity!