I think you will eventually end up with something similar to what I have. Take a look at my Intellijel 1 and Intellijel 2 racks, they have quite a bit more in terms of fleshing out your voices.
-- greenfly

Awesome, thanks for that. Nice looking set ups you've got there. How are you finding the 4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator? Looks awesome from what I've seen, but not sure if it's something I should consider as it's quite large.

Not ALL drums should be mono. The reason for that old axiom traces back to vinyl and a VERY serious problem with high-amplitude, low-frequency sounds when they're being cut to a lacquer.
-- Lugia

That's good to know. Man you're a treasure-trove of information/history! I've learnt so much from this thread already. Just need to try and make it stick now, ha.

So at the moment I'm considering the following additions in the near future:

• Doepfer A-138s
  • Happy Nerding 3x MIA
  • Buffered mult
  • Batumi or Stages
  • WMD/SSF Toolbox
  • vpm.de Euclidean Circles V2 w/ switches (or Intellijel Steppy)

Then depending on how I find myself using the uO_c, maybe something like:

• Intellijel Quadra
  • Nonlinear Circuits Triple Sloths
  • DivKid ochd
  • MI Rings, Beads, Make Noise Morphagene or 4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator (for ambient stuff?)
  • Anything else I should consider?

I am tempted by something like Maths to use alongside the illustrated guide, but I think I'd prefer more standalone modules as I fear it might be too complex for me?

I'd prefer to keep everything housed in the 1 case, so definitely need to be smart with my next purchases. Does what I've listed above make sense to cover the more ambient side of things? I feel like the current setup paired with the 0-Coast (once I get it) will cover all the 4/4 and deep house stuff. So the focus is on ambient now!

As for sequencing via the Digitakt, I'm even tempted to forego the FH-2 for something like a CV.OCD to save space, however I did stumble across the LPZW.modules TRAM8 3U, which is billed as being "ideal for Elektron users", but not sure if it's overkill if I were to get the Euclidean Circles/Steppy as it does seem very drum focused.

Edit: typos