Thanks for your detailed reply, Jim.

That's interesting to hear your feedback on the Rings tuning issue. I have been messing around in VCV 2 with Rings, but have yet to notice that issue. I presume I am far from utilizing the module to its full potential.

I appreciate your other points regarding the ergonomics and supporting the manufacturer. Basically, I already plan on purchasing Plaits and Beads, but have very limited $ and physical space for a bigger case. The ability to process sound in Rings still seems like a winner.

BTW Do you have a YouTube channel or Instagram related to your modular system? I learn a lot from your posts on the MG forums and would like to support.

Thanks again.
Ian
-- djidmusic1

Thanks Ian...
I have:
instagram - but I don't post much music there - mostly modular video synthesis - same name as here
soundcloud - latest 4 are modular - the rest are pre-modular from years ago mostly reason - same name as here
I'm on the modulargrid best of 2020 on bandcamp - it's one of the 4 modular tunes on soundcloud though

I'm currently working on new music, which I'll release eventually

Jim

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities