I have been using VCV Rack for two, maybe three years now, and I am starting both to make noises I quite like and to wonder what it would be like to do it in hardware. I like to make generative ambient music, leaning heavily towards the dark ambient side of things.

I have read @Lugia's excellent thread on Generative Music, which lead me to this thread and their rather large rack suggestion. Unfortunately, while the image still appears in the thread, the link to the rack is broken (I imagine they have to delete racks now and then to cope with the amount of advice given in the Rack forum!)

Luckily, combined with the image and @Lugia's excellent breakdown of what they did to put the rack together, I have managed to faithfully recreate it with just one issue. On the top row, far right, there is a 2HP gap between the Overseer module and the Katowice module. In the original rack, this is filled with a module I just cannot find either through the image or text description. I thought it might be an expander module for the Overseer, but this doesn't seem to be the case. The module also looks to be bigger than the gap left in my recreation, I'd say 4HP.

What module am I missing, it's driving me mad?!

ModularGrid Rack

I don't have €1300 for the case, let alone the €10,600 for the modules, so this is merely a pipe dream at the moment, something to think about should I win the lottery. But it's nice to dream, isn't it?!