Hi everyone,

I'm planning a beginner rack focused on drums, and I would love to get your help!

I'm a percussionist and I produce electronic music with Ableton Live and traditional samplers / drum machines, but in the last months I'm struggling to find new inspiration. So I decided to pull the trigger and start my modular journey.

My budget at the moment is up to 2000 dollars. In the future I could expand the system but for now I prefer to focus only on the pieces that are essential to have a basic, independent drum rack.
I would rather avoid sample players and screen-based modules, because it wouldn't be much different from using Ableton. I would like my system to be as analog and performance-oriented as possible. As for the sound, I aim to produce techno / dance / Thom York-like beats.

So, let's deep dive into my first sketch: Euclidean Circles is the main sequencer and Maths is the modulation source. The drum voices are BIA (kick) and three Erica Synth modules for snare, hi-hat and clap. Doepfer A-138s mixes the four voices in stereo, and then everything is passed to the Intellijel output module.

Do you think I'm missing something? Is Euclidean Rhythms enough to make interesting, full-blown beats?
Should I rearrange the voices or remove / replace something?

Thank you so much for your time and advices!

ModularGrid Rack