trying to do too much in too small a space imo

where is the modulation sources and utilities that are really needed to make the most of expensive shiny modules??? see my signature for some hints...

you'll almost definitely want more than a keystep pro to sequence the drum synth module (probably want 8 trigger/gate outputs just for that) and the melodic voices you have in there...
-- JimHowell1970

Okay. This can be rack case one, I can get a 2nd case once comfortable with the first one. I pretty set on the following Endorphin.es shuttle modules -> furthrrr, grand terminal, and drum module. Next is the gateway and golden master for mixing and final processing. The rest I am flexible, the DIY kits are just for relearning electronics , and the mutable instruments are sealed and can be returned. Do you have any specific suggestions for case number #1 and # of vca, lfos, and utilities?

Concerning the key step pro, was planning to connect it via usb to the shuttle controller that has 16 cv/gates out. Or will this not work? Works with the beatstep pro from what I understand.