@JimHowell1970, Thanks for the help so far, can you take one last look?

If this can be case no1 then imo I'd drop the 1u - I think 1u is massively overrated - and get a couple of mantises (which will only cost about the same as 1 7u intellijel case)

Yeah, I hear you. Squeezing out an extra 1U if you have one portable case can work. Problem is I have it now, and will need to make the best use of it. Live and learn.

watch out for the endorphin.es use of trs cables - most modular uses ts...

Yes, one reason I went with the 1u control module, it has 1 stereo in, and the rest are 2x mono ins per channel versus the 3U version. I think I am limited to the one grand terminal stereo out now, and it comes with trs to ts splitter.

as for falistri over maths - urgh - again personal preference, but I think the frap tools aesthetic is awful, cramped and all over the place!!!

I took a look falistri, but will go with Maths. Plus if I dont like it - which i doubt it probably easier to unload then falistri.

I'd definitely only start with the single pams - 2 veils is good though... probably...

"Probably", as in I should get a different VCA for my second, or not enough VCAs? If the former, what would you suggest? If it is the later, I would get something when i hit the wall. I am lucky and live 15 min walk to a well stocked music/audio store that carries a good selections of quad VCAs etc; though not Veils that I am ordering online.

I'd try to do less in this case (1/2 the sound sources) and try to work out what support modules you need, get those and learn how to use them properly before expanding into a 2nd case

Honestly feeling a total newb, so need some help on this one. I been thinking it is the primary oscillators (Furthrrr in complex mode and Plaits), or do you also consider things like Beads or looping one of the Grand Centrals generators to audible range? I wasn't planning at first to use Beads and GC in that manner to start, but as you pointed out I need to figure out how to best use all the kit properly first before adding on more; totally agreement on this one.

have fun!!

-- JimHowell1970

I have cut down the initial starter below. I already have the mutable instruments, except veils; the endorphin.es Furthrrr and GC, and PNW. Not planning to purchase the QoP drum module for now, will think about the $$$ rack versus separate approach. In the mean time I can use Disting samples, Plaits, or from core oscillators if I am feeling crazy for percussion :P

Was looking to keep the 1u gateway module to mix and final output to interface, along with milkyway for effects. I have the Disting EX for or "crap i need another X", and to quantize for sure. Plan to drive the rack with CV outs keystep pro, and deal with getting something fancier (Midi to CV, or other later).

Any glaring holes below that will limit me starting, or is there 1-2 modules you would add?

ModularGrid Rack