--- 1U Row---
The 1U - makes sense to me, and without QoP drum module, the midi controls in there should be more then enough to start. Saves 3U space.

personally I think 1u makes little, to no, sense whatsoever... the cost of the 1u row is the same as for a 3u row, or in some cases more, I'd much rather buy 2 tiptop mantis cases than 1 of the intellijel 7u cases... and you can get much much more functionality in a 3u row than in a 1u row...

Yeah total get that, and if was do it again, it would probably do differently. But with the fact that I have the case now, and no real way to return it, I think the modules suggested makes sense.

---Audio Row---
Also about tuning the oscillators, I guess I would need to tune with an external module or scope?

a free phone app or a guitar tuner pedal (plus appropriate cable) or your DAW (if you have one) will work for tuning!!!

Doh, yeah :P

--- Good starting build---
In the context of:
1) What I was willing to spend originally with endorpin.es setup
2) Assuming I minimally start with 1x single 258T, 1x Folder, and the 1U utilities
3) And I currently have PNW, Maths, 1x Veils, and Beads already

What other modules would you suggest to start with right away, and maybe a couple additional modules after? Also not to many modules, to get overwhelmed :0

none - just grab the vco and folder (& the utilities) and see where you are - learn these modules inside and out and then start working out what you are reaching for - and then slowly add modules that add those functions
-- JimHowell1970

So in short: A 258T, folder, noise, quadratt, input/output, along with the PNW, Maths, 1x Veil, and Beads. Midi module can wait, an it is out of stock around where I am, or even online; but I can use CV outs on a controller etc for now. Something like the following, including a Disting EX for Swiss army knife of stuff.

ModularGrid Rack

Cool, thanks for the help!