So in short: A 258T, folder, noise, quadratt, input/output, along with the PNW, Maths, 1x Veil, and Beads. Midi module can wait, an it is out of stock around where I am, or even online; but I can use CV outs on a controller etc for now. Something like the following, including a Disting EX for Swiss army knife of stuff.

PNW can be used to generate quantized, looped pitch sequences as well as gates, triggers and modulation, so all that is covered - having the ability to program sequences should be secondary at the moment compared to learning how modular works, at least for a while... a disting might be a good idea as it will allow you to play with different things - however, I would learn to use the other modules first - maybe consider adding the disting in a few months

if & when you do get a disting, don't try to play with all the algos at one go - work out a few algos you want to learn about and make use of the favourites feature to concentrate on those - if you find you particularly like one algo, replace that with a dedicated module and then re-configure you favourites (and repeat!!!)

I'd also recommend downloading the 'maths illustrated supplement' and working through that a few times - try to work out the why and how of what you are doing - it's a great learning resource, if you do this instead of just blindly patching....

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities