Or you could queue up and get one of Uli's ARP 2600 clones. As opposed to some of Behringer's other knockoffs, they actually managed to nail this one; mine works as if it were a much cleaner "rev.4", having used a "rev.4" "orange" ARP 2600 back in the early 1980s when it was still relatively new. I suppose that the large number of eyes on Uli kept him on point on this reissue, since Korg's lunch was his for the stealing after Korg's repetitive screwups with the "same" instrument. $600-ish for what I would say is the best "teaching instrument" (I actually learned on MTSU's "rev.2", many years ago) in synthesis is a pretty decent deal.

I don't like Uli's behavior. I don't like him trying to copy shit he's not entitled to (Arturia Keystep, Mutable Plaits, Intellijel's Quad VCA and a much longer list of pro audio gear dating way on back to dbx and Mackie in the early 1990s), and I don't at all approve of his antics with people who have an issue with his behavior (Peter Kirn, the forum users connected with Sequential that Uli threatened to sue without grounds, et al). As long as he copies devices that are either unobtainable or which can benefit from a smaller/more convenient form factor, that's cool. But he doesn't seem to like staying in that lane. Pretty unfortunate, really.