+1 on Jim above...fact is, there's not really any such thing as "redundancy" in modular synthesis. If you have more than one of the same VCO, for example, you can detune one or two of them and the result is a massive, obesely fat sound.

As for the TM, it's still very useful. For one thing, it gives you (when fully implemented) multiple random sources that can be "captured" and looped when you find an interesting bit. And coupled with a few other modules (Ladik's Discriminator immediately comes to mind), you can use the TM to generate random gates depending on the CV outputs' direction of motion. Or you can fire those CVs into some comparators and create an array of random voltages to send gates elsewhere. And on and on...no, I wouldn't lose it, and it's definitely not "redundant". Lots of abuse potential in those TMs...
-- Lugia

Thanks, still pretty much a novice and haven't got into the more subtle and manipulative aspects of some of my modules yet. Not in a hurry to get rid. I've been adding a few new modules recently and the rack is almost full now. I don't intend getting a bigger rack and wondering if any of them could be moved on to make way for more useful ones. As you all know it's a never ending journey really and requirements change over time as you start to realise what your modules can or can't do.