I don't intend getting a bigger rack
-- david23

no one intends to get a bigger rack, but at some point you realise you need one! and then the floodgates are open

I started with a 6u/72hp case (Bastl Marton) - after less than 6 months there was only 12hp left... & I wanted Maths... but wanted to keep all the modules I already had... simple solution - buy a bigger case - bought a Mantis and Maths... kept the Marton... filled the Mantis within another 6 months and started putting modules in the Marton... then I discovered DIY & Video Synthesis... now about 4 years later, I'm at approx 1500hp - with the rails, ears and 19" rack space for another 12u of 84hp... just need power for it...

I've not bought a case since the Mantis - all have been DIY - including the power supplies - I favour the Befaco Excalibus for that - not the cheapest, but excellent value and pretty resilient - reverse power protection etc

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities