I'm looking to create something "well-rounded (as everyone says)" and generative.

you probably won't really achieve that in this size rack

I tend to like random abrupt percussive esque stuff, but also nice melodic harmonious stuff. I also play guitar and drums which I'd love to throw into this, hence the line input.

neither of which are at line level... and will require further amplification - the 1/2 veils clone may cover this, but then you're a vca down... beads has some gain built in I believe but I've never used it

But I honestly have no idea what I'm actually going for, just have to try stuff out I suppose. Anyways, let me know if you have any comments/suggestions.

I'd try to spend quite a lot of time trying to work out 1 thing you want this rack to do before spending any more money and focus on that - or upgrade the case so that it is big enough to discover what you want/need by buying more modules and patching it

*I know C4RBN is sold out forever, I'd definitely like to know any alternative 4hp or less models that are just as good. Thanks!

modules smaller than 4hp crammed in small cases with other small modules = crap ergonomics = no fun to play

I would suggest going and reading a lot of other newbie rack posts and taking a look at my signature and contemplating the formula therein

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities