24hp is not a lot to play with... usually these things just descend into these are the modules I use - so here goes:

maybe a peaks clone to start - it'll give you a kick and a snare - and then something for hats or metallic percussion - I've got plaits and crucible for those and a fss portland - which is fun especially when you dangle it outside the case and stick your fingers in round the back (if you like weird glitchy percussion sounds and squeals) - I've also got an fx aid xl that I keep meaning to reflash with the drum algos on it - mostly so I can use the rimshot and maracas... and an addac vc t-networks (need to finish the build) and a couple of lpgs... and a drm2 mk3 and a circuit bent tr505 - which I can trigger via midi if I want... and that's without patching from scratch - I didn't realise I had quite so many percussion voices!!!

there's nothing wrong with using Pam's for sequencing percussion - as long as you want very robotic sounding drums. and not a lot of interaction... which is fine, if that's what you want!! I use it myself, but I combine it with other things - a zularic repetitor, a dual trigger delay, branches and marbles, a sequential switch, some logic modules, a switched multiple (used as a gate combiner - shock horror) and a ll8ii (once I've rtested my build) (I might need another gate combiner or 2) for instance to humanise and switch it up on the fly and to quickly get other rhythms - I rarely use a straight 4 on the floor rhythm - maybe I'll add another kick in there at some point or a - but then I'm not trying to make straight dance music

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities