Hello!

Im brand new to the modular world. Big into rhythmic stuff and drum machines. I was going to buy a jomox alpha base, but when i went to a shop to demo one it was already sold, so i was shown some modular stuff instead. Long story short, I decided to go for a 'hybrid' setup where i would control the rig from a digitakt. Here is the rack I ordered:
ModularGrid Rack

still waiting on the expert sleepers stuff, plonk and plaits to arrive. I have a doepfer dark energy which I've been using with my digitakt to control the BIA for now. Already really enjoying the workflow, and can see how the fh-2 along with the other sound sources should make this really fun. However, one thing thats kind of a bummer which Ive experienced before when controlling gear with the digitakt is that when recording automation of any type of performance controls like pb or mod wheel, it ends up sounding "step laddery" as the envelope recorded can only be as smooth as the 16 steps permits. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this or if theres some nifty workaround!
So long term goal is to get another 84hp skiff box, and put all the "controllery" type stuff in that box, with the other dedicated to percussive type stuff. So im wondering whats the best way to have smooth recorded automation?
I was looking at the planar2 and the voltage block
Any thoughts on one of getting one of theses or something else? both :D ?

Thanks for any help with this. All feedback appeciated!