I started with a Minibrute 2s, so this made the Rackbrute more appealing to me, and bought a 3U to link to the Minibrute. When I out grew the 83HP in the 3U, I seriously considered the Intellijel 7U 104HP, but went with a Rackbrute 6U (the link feature is nice, particularly linking 2x6U). With the Rackbrute 6U, power distribution can become a balancing issue across both power buses (not an issue with the 3U). Also, the Rackbrute was 24 months no interest at Sweetwater, so that allowed me to buy a couple of them ;-) You can't go wrong with the Intellijel as a first case, and that would probably be my recommendation. If you're not concerned about portability, look at the Pittsburgh Modular 420 (great power, great price per hp ratio, and sliding nuts aren't that bad, just use a toothpick to position the nuts). A 2x6U Rackbrute is fairly portable (would take it on a car vacation, would not send it via air transport), and so is the Intellijel (I like to doodle on the porch). The PM 420 wants to sit in one place and be worshipped ;-)