Hey Garfield,

most of my timings in my tracks are more or less coincedence, but I really appreciate that you are keen enough to take a listen AND beeing positive about what you hear :) (thats not easy with umms, umms, umms, badabumms -> techno ;)).

Just to explain a littel further: I wiggle around a patch and just record to my ah qu-pac. I am absolutely dawless and will stay so. I stare at a screen the whole day because I am an it-guy and programmer.

And thats the reason why I did not touch the KeyStep Pro. It has a keyboard and I dont have a clue how to use one :). My "music" consists more of try and error whether something sounds good to me, so I program music like I do with my it-stuff.
So, here is a list of sequencers I can remember which I used:

• squarp pyramid as I was more into MIDI stuff
  • the sequencers on elektron devices like analog rytm mk2, analog 4 mk2, digitakt, digitone (they are more or less equal, only thing they really shine is so called parameter locking on single steps and scenes, the rest cant compete with other sequencers (my 2 cents))
  • kilpatrick carbon also for MIDI stuff
  • dyi midibox 4plus - easily the best MIDI sequencer out there and also with cv expansion modules now, but I sold it before those even were on the horizon because I went modular already and sold all my MIDI stuff
  • es drum sequencer which is easy to use and top notch for drum (gate) sequencing, it also has one cv/gate chan and an simple lfo
  • intellijel scales which can also sequence but only 2 chans and not so easy to use since it is a quantizer
  • wmd arpitecht which is nice but I got bored to fast with it (cant explain why exactly but I sold it after two weeks of use)
  • nerdseq (i loved it since it was fasttracker for eurorack, but in the end it was just to "static")

finally the vector which I can not recommend enough, at least for me, because it fits my style, it plays nicely with the rest of my modular setup, especially with the sinfonion for cv

hmm, i browsed through the feature list of the KeyStep Pro and yes, for that price it really does a lot! 4 cv/gate chans arent bad, arp included, also MIDI if you need it. It reads good and could be a toy to use for the time waiting on the es black sequencer or endorphin.es ground control.

I find also interesting: the wmd metron with the voltera expansion(s), stillson hammer mk2 which is only 2nd hand these days.

I have to admit: it isnt an easy choice and it costs tons of money to test and test to eventually arrive at "your" perfect sequencer.

I hope you can find your choice without bleeding to death moneywise.
Best,
jingo

ps: I will try to surprise you with just another track, but atm my time slots for wiggling are somehow rare... :( will do my best!