I think I’m missing inspiration around modulation. I have plenty of sources (clep diaz being the most recent addition) but struggle to get great results out of them. Any tips / learnings / changes / additions?

Maybe try a mixer to create complex modulation signals (mixing several envelopes, or envelopes and the sequence of voltages that Clep Diaz gives you, LFO's, or maybe some feedback signal.
Clep diaz is also very useful for sequencing the CV of a filter.
For these cases the ideal would be a matrix mixer, since it allows you more than one different output, but if not with a simple mixer you have it too.

I’m not really clicking with Bloom at the moment. I bought it for the evolving / fractal nature of it, but on reflection I think I’m missing a sequencer that gives me more hands on / immediate control. Of course I can use Ableton for this (and I have a Keystep Pro too) but having something else in the rack might open things up for me and means I won’t need to break from the patch to change / modify sequences. Thoughts?

A sequencer that I personally like, relatively small and usable, is the NE Mimetic Digitalis https://www.modulargrid.net/e/noise-engineering-mimetic-digitalis-black

Cheers,

BR
Ferran.

-- ferranadsr
Thanks for this Ferran! I will have an investigation in the matrix! Also will have a look at the MD.