and the link - cos jpgs are crap!!!

ModularGrid Rack

ah the folly...

dixie and maths I get - they're some of the most popular modules in their "function"

the source of uncertainty I also get as it's new - but far far too big for this case!!!!

don't really get the z5000 or the vca - other than they fit

if you haven't bought this my advice would be to go and read a load of other newbie posts, think hard and then come back with a rack that makes more sense - but I'm not sure this is the case so:

the case is far too small for the modules - there's not really enough space for the support modules you'll need to make the most of the modules you've got in this case - I'd stash this case for the future when you might want a small satellite case and go and buy a mantis - so that you have space to put some utilities and a filter in - I take it you already have an external mixer (although these are really useful - especially when you add another oscillator and want to send both to the same filter)

see my signature for some hints on how to get a versatile modular synthesizer for the least cash

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities