gonna try to mess around with the A1008 matrix mixer today,saw a video about the instruo Lion matrix mixer,think thats abit easier for my brain to figure out,so considering replacing the A1008 with that.

but gonna try to patch around with the A1008
-- Broken-Form

being a bit of a 'champion' of matrix mixers I see the instruo lion as a outlier in that it functions in a considerably different way than any other matrix mixer and has dongles that are needed to operate it... so in a way non-transferable skills to other matrix mixers & at least in my case I'd spend lots of time searching for the dongles every time I wanted to use it... I'm sure it's a great module though!!!

smaller matrix mixers often have a layout where the jacks are all at the bottom of the module - which can in my opinion be a little confusing

the easiest matrix mixers to use are ones that have the inputs to the left and the outputs on the bottom - which is why I mostly recommend the doepfer - ergonomics and signal flow win over size every time

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities