Thread: 2024 Shuffle

Update:

I picked up a few of these pieces last month!

• Step 8. My new favorite module, unexpectedly my now-favorite oscillator, opens up all kinds of new patches.
  • Quadrax. Totally solves the envelopes problem, I haven't felt strapped for modulation since I plugged it in.
  • Ultra Random Redux. This one was always going to be an insta-buy for me, it came out last week so I grabbed it instead of Sports Modulator.

I also learned some quantizing tricks in the new Nerdseq firmware that have me feeling less GASy about sequencers / quantizers (though still would like to try something more performable one day).

I'm thinking that my next move is going to be to pick up a Contour 1 and lock in this config for the Mantis for the next year or so:

ModularGrid Rack

Going no-Maths seems fine given that I have plenty of other attenuation/offset options, plenty of envelopes in Quadrax, a Contour for one Maths-style envelope, and an extra slew circuit in the URR. Of the samplers, I think Nebulae is the one to keep in the rack for this config since it's less liable to distract me making "beats" and more focused on use as a looper, single voice, or fx. It also strikes me as neat to have three stereo effect outputs for Vortices's three stereo inputs -- not that I'd necessarily patch it that way, but it seems balanced. Steady State Gate is a sad cut but between that and Nebulae I'd rather keep in the Neb.

From there, I'll be selling off some of the stuff I'm not using and keeping the ALM case as overflow / a home for OPTX, or to re-rack subsystems for travel every now and then.

Mainly posting this for closure on the thread, but all ears if anybody has feedback!