True, I wouldn't characterize it as 'thick' sounding, but it is pretty versatile, the easy normalled operation is a plus and it's not hard to find a place for it in a mix. I like having the polyphony too, because I like nothing more than nice harmonies and complex chords, but if I understand things correctly the 1m only operates this way with midi - when using the cv jacks I think it's monophonic. Not sure about that yet as I haven't had time to explore the things that Boulanger talks about in his excellent YouTube series on the 1m and using it in cv mode.

I like having the 1m in the rack now because it fits there and saves space on my work surface, at least until I start adding more modules, which I am already itching to do. But I do have a little bit of a problem: when it's in my Tiptop Mantis rack I don't have room to attach any of the midi cables that I have tried to either of the two sets of DINs on the back. No MIDI no poly? So I either have to hack custom cables to break out the midi, use it in mono mode where it should behave like a set of hopefully useful modules, or bounce it from the rack (or get a deeper one) - in which case I'll be looking at a void that's constantly tempting me to fill it with more, expensive modules. Sooner or later the 1M probably won't be in the rack, but I will most likely keep it in the mix. I tend not get rid of gear. It's an adventure.