I've had the Mother-32 for close to 3 years now and recently, I got another 60HP row as well as an Erica Synths Black Modulator and Black Hole DSP (and a Koma Strom for power). Now I want to built an entire system consisting of the Mother + 120HP and this is what I came up with. I want to make mostly techno kind of stuff.
Basically, the idea is to use the Varigate 4+ as clock source and to sequence the Black Wavetable (or any other oscillators I might add in the future) and either use the Varigate directly or via the Euclid to sequence the Basimilus for some perussion. Of course I'd also want to send tempo to the Mother-32. I'd use the precision adder to modulate the sequence from the Varigate. The rest is rather self explanatory I think.
Sooo I'd love some advice on the following:
- So far, I'm using ableton for drums (might add a drum machine or eurorack drums later), so I need to sync the system to my computer. Right now I have a Keystep hooked to my Mac and send Midi via 5-Pin to the Mother and that works just fine, but the Mother has no clock out so I need to find another way to sync. Could I, for that purpose, use this cable (https://www.loopsandbits.ch/produkt/malekko-midi-3-5-cables/) to send Midi from the Keystep to the Varigate 4+ (and then via its clock out to the different destinations)?
- do you know of any cheaper or smaller alternatives to the modules I'm using here?
- is there anything I'm missing completely?

Thanks a lot in advance!