if someone is looking for a low-cost entryway into modular that doesn't involve the controversial and ethical trappings of Behringer's low-cost alternatives.

At least with Behringer, you are still getting the know how of Moog, Roland, Intellijel and Mutable Instruments in the modules they are putting out. Controversy and ethics aside that's still a better shout than putting your lot in with Cre8audio and a guy who is obviously not making enough money from his own brand. More fool him.

I am ok with big brands like Behringer, I buy through Amazon UK. If the module stops working, I simply raise the issue with Amazon and I have no hassle returns within the 12 month guarantee period.

Also the Doepfer oscillators and filters and better in terms of quality than Cre8audio stuff and as I mentioned before, if you want to go down a cheaper multifunctional route then Dreadbox chromatic modules are excellent. I get that some people don't like big bad Behringer but there are many other low cost alternatives out there. Ladik, takaab etc

If any newbies are reading this, my guess is one day you will want to sell your cre8audio modules and I can tell you right now your resale value will be at best half price. The brands I have mentioned above will resell quickly on the second hand market and generally do ok in terms of holding their value.