Just seems like an odd take to me. Especially going as far as to speak to the future readers of this thread and steer them away from a module before literally any evidence of their quality is understood, in either direction.

Just speaking from personal experience of my dealings with them when there were problems with their modules. I quite clearly got the impression that they were preying on my naivety about Eurorack and stated at one point in the discussions that a lighting bolt may have caused a momentary power surge on the 5v rail causing their modules to burn out which is really odd as none of my other modules were affected. They play the clowns as part of their marketing strategy but the reality is that is who they are and its a shame the guy from Pittsburg Modular is associating himself with them. They probably roped him into their scam to improve their credibility factor and its something they are really pushing through the shills on youtube they've recruited.

Others may have had a great experience like Andy and I'm happy for him but I can only base my assessment on first hand dealings with them. Hope that clarifies.

As for the nifty case, I have it and still use it but in hindsight, I think a Moog or Behringer skiff would have been better to create a larger more complete system than what 84hp allows. Behringer have recently been asking for some feedback on their cases and modules in terms of price and competiveness and I reckon we will see a drop in prices for cases in the near future. I recently did some calculations with power and 3 skiffs with brackets and the combined cost wasn't far off an Intellijel pallete or tip top mantis which I fed back to them. Once I can get cheaper Behringer skiffs with power, I will be getting rid of the nifty case.

I am a bit more familiar with Eurorack now given the experience I had. I learnt that companies like Noise Engineering draw power from the 12v rail for any 5v requirements but had the forethought to include a jumper on their module so users can make an informed decision about how power is being consumed. I learnt that Mutable have regulators in their older modules that take care of the 5v requirements and eventually decided to abandon use of the 5v rail altogether. Cre8audio simply didn't make similar design considerations in their modules which I guess is why they have the moniker 'cheap and cheerful'.