@greenfly

I quite clearly got the impression that they were preying on my naivety about Eurorack and stated at one point in the discussions that a lighting bolt may have caused a momentary power surge on the 5v rail causing their modules to burn out which is really odd as none of my other modules were affected.

That def sucks.

They play the clowns as part of their marketing strategy but the reality is that is who they are and its a shame the guy from Pittsburg Modular is associating himself with them. They probably roped him into their scam to improve their credibility factor and its something they are really pushing through the shills on youtube they've recruited.

This feel a bit presumptuous and a little unfair. I will say that I also had issues with my first power board also. Bought it in June of last year. The -12v rail only provided -3v. This was the response I got 1 day later:

Hi [merzky_shoom],

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about this issue.

It sounds like a component on the power supply may have failed or has been damaged. Was this happening from initial purchase or suddenly? If suddenly, please provide a little more detail ie. modules used, describe what happened when it failed, and anything else you think might prove useful.

Regardless, we can quickly send you a replacment board that can easily be installed (a nut and a screw). We will provide video instructions as well.

Please send us your shipping address and answers to the questions above so that we make sure that we're fully treating the issue.

Thanks much!

All the best,

Al

2 days later the board was shipped. I'm sorry to hear that you had a different experience. I did "upgrade" to a Behringer Eurorack GO, and it's good value for sure... but the case is almost full and I'm not 100% confident that it's the most dependable solution for the $4000 worth of modules that are sitting in it. My hope is to properly upgrade my case before end of October.

Not trying to take away from your perspective or personal experience, I've just had a couple of very good customer service experiences with them. The other involving feature requests and what-not.

And at least one of their founders was working with a previous Modular manufacturer before splitting off to create Cre8Audio, so IMO it isn't likely they just popped up out of nowhere and said, "Here's a market we can take advantage of"