would recommend dreadbox chromatic over these. Cre8audio modules tend to be cheap quality and are the only modules that I ever had that stopped functioning. Cre8audio tried to blame the 5v rail on my tip top bus board which has been rock solid for everything else even other modules that use 5v.

-- greenfly

I read your post. I was looking at the Dreadbox stuff. In comparison, the thing that really turned me off to the Dreadbox VCO is that you can select from only one waveform at a time rather than access to ALL waveforms, which limits the ability to self-patch, or patch unused waveforms as modulation. I found that to be a downer. The Cre8audio VCO is less expensive and offers many more features. I'm leaning towards a wait-and-see posture to see if Cre8audio has upped is quality control.

On a lighter note. I don't like the pastel colors of the Dreadbox line. It's not a deal breaker but I'd want alternate panels and that would up the expense even further.

-- Ronin1973

yes the colour scheme is a bit daring lol but they don't look as garish in the case as they do on the pictures. I love my pink ataxia and reach for it before maths on most occasions.

you also have a dedicated pulse wave output on the oscillator and the ability to modulate with cv the different wave outputs which can produce interesting shapes and textures dependant on your modulation source, so you are mistaken a bit here Ronin, you could buy two hysteria modules if you want the options you describe.

yes they may have upped their quality (pigs are flying) as for the last year they were probably the only ones through lockdown to be flying back and forth between factories during the pandemic and lockdown restrictions. the previous modules were made in china so they had no real control over the quality process. I know some people online mostly grown adult men over 50 ( mommy- they are destroying my beloved eurorack scene boohoo !!!!) don't like it but Behringer does have this luxury hence for the newbie, Behringer is a better shout any day of the week. I think they just drafted a name that meant something at one time in to buy a perception of quality Ronin but some people are easily swayed by this kind of marketing. I see Pittsburg stuff on eBay all the time. I think meh - a lot of money for something very very old and wonder if this is why the person is now trying to get rid of it.

the modules are too big for the nifty case - hence why I suggested dreadbox which are smaller in hp, multifunctional and hold their price better. I know this now as I have spent a lot of time investing in my modules all predominantly bought second hand. Yes they are pushing the message of 'buy us look how daft and cheap we are' - whereas Behringer always aim to be competitive.

you can buy the (cheap as) chipz and cellz right now on eBay . The sellers keep relisting them as nobody wants to buy them.

those goons over at cre8audio are probably loving all this free publicity :). Behringer also capitalise on this marketing strategy as well. In fact you know what I might switch all my comments over to Behringer modules lol