Hee...actually, there are two B. products that will probably wind up in here before much longer, tbh. One of those is their 808 clone, and the other is the Pro-1. Someone whose ear I trust has put the RD-8 through its paces, comparing it to their experiences with the Real Deal, and they state that the only obvious difference is that the timing on the RD-8 is tighter than the original. Now, this might be a problem, as I think that one of the things that made the TR-808's feel right was that certain amount of "slop" that added a tad of humanization to things, but there might also be a (M4L-generated clock quantizing jitter, perhaps?) way around this.

As for the Pro-1, Dan Bell up in Tha D has had a preproduction unit for a while, and the original Pro-One is something he knows inside and out since that's one of his mainstay axes. His verdict was that it's indistinguishable from the Sequential version...and this, interestingly, makes sense since B. now manufactures the redone CEM chips, meaning that the original and the Pro-1 have essentially the same chipset for the signal path. Again, this is someone whose judgement I trust implicitly, not someone random shill on Gearslutz that's sucking up to Uli. So, given that I'd like to have a Pro-One(ish) again (this would be...ah...#3? I think?), and given that the sound is pretty much spot-on and there's little else that B. can fuck up there, this seems like a logical buy. Whenever Uli bothers to get 'em out the door in Shenzhen, that is.