Yeah...the thing that Uli loves to do, with creating CGI mockups, dropping them on forums such as Gearslutz, and then basing his marketing decisions on what degree of hype he can observe...that's the thing I really detest. Basically, that's market research via trolling, IMHO...it's lazy, it annoys quite a few people, it tells us little about the final product other than that it might exist eventually, and so on. Then when he starts showing off his "field prototype" and "production run" pics in the same way, it still tells us NOTHING in the way of when the product will be available, NO exact MSRP figures, NO general availability, ad nauseaum. In the meantime, there's a certain...ah...arrogance? to this, how it seems that "influencers" can get his protos but I've never, ever heard of anyone with an actual background in instrument design or "in the trenches" musicians (except on rare occasions) obtaining a B. "field prototype" to really dive into.

And this can have predictably shitty results. F'rinstance, let's look at the NEW (ie: vaporware) Behringer "Solina". Now, Eminent made a few different versions of this for ARP, and users who have experience with them know that the SE-IV was THE version to have. But Uli opted to base his redux on the SE-II. This is the one that the "world's most famous pop, rock, jazz and disco musicians" didn't like. It wasn't stereo, it sounded thinner, it had no control over mixing the "ranks", and so on. The "lounge band" version, more or less. And to this, he's added a very basic phase shifter circuit which is...well, OK, but the other key to the Solina sound was flanging, and I see no flanger circuit here even though B. does, in fact, make them. In the end, it looks more like the Behringer "I Can Haz Streichfett Too" synth and not the Solina that everyone who knows better has been wanting.

So, when Uli gets it RIGHT...sure, I'm down. Neutron: OK. Pro-1: Sure. RD-8: fine. But when he screws up (this "Solina"), or when he just decides to go for intellectual property theft (Mackie, dbx, et al) and whip out something currently being made (MS-20, Odyssey)...yeah, screw that, and him too. He needs to learn to play nice with others.